Lunchtime in the junior building
- Lunchtime at the infants is a positive social experience.
- We aim to provide our children with a healthy balanced lunch and a safe, happy playtime
- We have meals cooked on the school premises by our Cook and Assistant Cook who are both helped by our two Kitchen Assistants.
- Our mid-day supervisors are on hand to ensure a safe and happy environment for all our children.
- Our school menu is regularly reviewed and aims at five fruit/vegetables a day.
- The daily menu is on show in the reception area for parents and children to read.
- If your child has a specific dietary requirement, please feel free to discuss this with us and we will try to accommodate their specific need. We also cater for children who prefer a vegetarian diet and we regularly provide halal choice on the menu.
- We try to encourage those children who bring packed lunches to make healthy choices.
- For children who prefer a packed lunch, we advise smaller portions—sandwiches cut into small portions and some chopped fruit etc. Please ensure that any separate containers in the lunchbox are easy for your child to open.
- Water or a fruit drink should be sent in a plastic flask or container—not a glass bottle please.
- Please ensure that all lunchboxes and water bottles are clearly labelled with your child’s name and class.
- Our school dinners do not contain any form of nuts and because of possible allergies within school, we do not allow any children to bring any type of nuts to school as part of their lunchbox food. This includes products that contain nuts e.g. peanut butter.
- No fizzy drinks or sweets are allowed. We also discourage whole packets of crisps.